Here’s your chance to be on the ground floor of an exciting new project and create videos about a great organization and its wonderful people. Be an American Red Cross Southeastern PA video production intern. We will be launching this summer 30 minute monthly programs that highlight Red Cross safety initiatives. We need someone to help with cameras, lighting, teleprompter etc. during studio sessions as well as pre-production work, like scripts and graphics.
In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to shoot and edit stories about responses to local disasters like fires, hurricanes, floods, etc. You’ll meet some of the most amazing people and get to document their work.
You’ll create videos seen by hundreds of people, many of them some of Philadelphia’s most influential leaders.
You’ll be helping one of the world’s most recognized brands get the message out about its work.
And you’ll have fun.
Go to Youtube.com/redcrossphilly to check out the kind of videos you’d be shooting and editing.
Below is a description of the position and the skills we are seeking. College credit is not required, but highly preferred.
American Red Cross, Southeastern PA Internship Opportunity:
Video Production Intern
Purpose: The video production intern will work to produce and edit videos for the American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania that will be seen by many high level and influential leaders in the corporate, non-profit, and governmental worlds.
- Enthusiastic about supporting the American Red Cross mission
- Digitizing video clips and organizing them on internal servers. Ability to convert and save clips from Mac to PC and vice versa crucial.
- Helping to manage our YouTube Channel
- Filming/editing/selecting video and sound bites and/or creating graphics to make a video anywhere from 45 seconds to 8 minutes long which will be used for a variety of internal and external events and promotion
- Assistance with special events, depending on the time of year, including media and client outreach ahead of events, setting up signage, social media during events, escorting of media and VIPs, filming interviews for Chapter, social media videos, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Editing and videography skills a must, experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred.
- Must have access to editing and videography equipment capable of handling DVDs, photos, and other digital media.
- Must be reliable and professional
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and/or Vimeo.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability and flexibility to work odd hours when necessary for special events with advanced notice or disaster response with possibly little to no notice.
- Must go through interview process, complete American Red Cross volunteer application and pass background check.
- Commitment to the Red Cross mission of helping others prevents, prepare for, and respond to disasters.
- Creative vision with the ability to turn vision into results.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively, yet sometimes be able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Writing experience a plus
- Calm demeanor.
Reports to: Communications Manager and Chief Communications Officer
Time Commitment: Ideal candidate can commit to 12-20 or more hours a week on a set schedule with flexibility for early and later special events. Schedule and hours are negotiable as related to requirements for intern credits. Internship lengths are negotiable with candidate and requirements for intern credits. Ideal length would be Spring, Summer and Fall terms (12-15 weeks)
This is an unpaid internship but may qualify for college credit.
To apply, send resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org